- Assistant Professor
- Foggy Bottom Campus
- 1919 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington, District Of Columbia 20006
- [email protected]
Asefeh Faraz, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, is an Assistant Professor in the Family Nurse Practitioner program at The George Washington University School of Nursing. Dr. Faraz is a health care workforce researcher interested in nurse practitioner workforce issues, with particular emphasis on the novice nurse practitioner workforce transition into primary care. She is also interested in alternative workforce solutions to improve patient access to primary preventive care. Dr. Faraz maintains her clinical practice as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Novice nurse practitioner workforce preparation and transition to practice
- Yale University, Doctor of Philosophy
- Yale University, Master of Science in Nursing
- University of Washington, Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Art
- Faraz, A. (2016). Novice nurse practitioner workforce transition and turnover intention in primary care. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. Advance online publication. doi:10.1002/2327-6924.12381
- Faraz, A. (2016). Novice nurse practitioner workforce transition into primary care: A literature review. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 38(11), 1531-1545. doi:10.1177/0193945916649587
- Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing Emerging Scholar (2015)
- Jonas Nurse Leaders Scholar Alumnus