Ashley K. Parks MS, FNP-BC
Ashley K. Parks, MS, FNP-BC, is director of graduate clinical education and compliance and an adjunct clinical instructor in the Acute and Chronic Care faculty community. She will start Oct. 1 and be located at VSTC. Ms. Parks is a family nurse practitioner with extensive experience in family practice, internal medicine, acute and chronic care of patients and families in urban and suburban health care environments. She earned her Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing from Oakland University, a Master’s of Science in Community Health from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and is a board-certified clinician. She has experience as administrator, faculty, and preceptor at University of Michigan, University of Detroit Mercy, and South University. She takes pride in educating and empowering patients students, and professional nurses to help empower generations of communities through health awareness and disease prevention across the lifespan. She has over 12 years of nursing experience, research in HIV/AIDS among African American men, and has been awarded Keeper of the Dream from Oakland University for promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Recipient: Corp! Magazine Most Valuable Professional (2017)
- Recipient: King Chavez Parks, Future Faculty Fellowship
- Recipient: Keeper of the Dream, Oakland University
- Recipient: Midwest AIDS Training + Education Center HIV/AIDS Clinician Scholar
- Member: Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Member: Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Inc. – A Professional Nursing Organization
- Scholarly Research: “HIV/AIDS Among African American Men: The role of spirituality in developing therapeutic relationships in the delivery of care by Advance Practice Nurses” – Accepted for poster presentation at National ANAC Conference (2009)
- University of Michigan – Master of Science in Community Health Nursing (2009)
- University of Michigan – Family Nurse Practitioner, American Nursing Credentialing Center, Board Certified (2009)
- American Heart Association – Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified
- Oakland University – Bachelor of Science in Nursing (2006)