Program Dates: November 4-8, 2019
Program Leader: Sabrina Beroz, DNP, RN, CHSE-A
This one-week immersive faculty enrichment program will provide nurse educators a rich experience to learn more about best practices in using clinical simulations in the nursing program. The full week will focus on the use of simulation pedagogy and the integration of simulations into the nursing curriculum. Major concepts and activities used with simulations will be provided; a few examples include the simulation theory, best practices, and how to conduct a debriefing to name a few topics covered in the week. Educators will be immersed in group work creating simulation scenarios, implementing the scenarios, and then evaluating the outcomes of the creative work. Overall the week-long program will provide a rich faculty development opportunity to enhance teaching-learning skills around the use of simulation pedagogy with immersion on how to create, conduct, and evaluate clinical simulations.
- Examine the INACSL Standards of Best Practice: Simulation
- Discuss the essential elements of getting started to create a simulation-based curriculum
- Explain the NLN/Jeffries Simulation Theory
- Demonstrate how to write, implement and evaluate a simulation scenario
- Create a faculty development plan for implementing simulations into your nursing curriculum
- Describe the present and future direction for clinical simulations and nursing education implications
Individuals from either health or academic institutions who are interested in using simulation as a nursing teaching strategy are encouraged to attend. This course is set up from basic to complex moving the participant from novice to intermediate. It is not for the expert.
Want to Learn More?
Contact us at [email protected] or through the form below to gain more information about content and pricing for groups. Don't miss your opportunity. Space is limited.
- Center for Aging, Health and Humanities
- Community and Global Initiatives
- Center for Health Policy and Media Engagement
- Center for Teaching Excellence
- Simulation Professional Development and Practice
- Health Workforce Institute
- Open Educational Resources
- Ventures, Initiatives and Partnerships