- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
Nursing is the most trusted profession nationwide, and also one of the country's fastest-growing career fields. If you are interested in becoming a nurse, GW SON is pleased to offer multiple paths to your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Our Accelerated BSN option is a 15-month second-degree path for those who have already earned a bachelor's in another field. Accelerated BSN applicants also have the opprtunity to apply to W2, a scholarship opportunity and partnership with MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
The Veterans BSN option is for military veterans seeking to capitalize on their military training and experience, for which they might be eligible to receive academic credit.
We also offer several RN-BSN/MSN options for those students who have already earned their Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) and who wish to go on to complete coursework for a BSN or Master of Science in Nursing (MSN).
Graduates of the BSN program will have the knowledge, skills,and practical experience needed to:
• Utilize the nursing process to support and promote health in diverse individuals, families, groups and communities in a multi-cultural world.
• Synthesize knowledge derived from the natural, behavioral sciences and the humanities with nursing theory as a basis for professional nursing practice.
• Apply theories to analyze client responses to health and illness and intervene appropriately.
• Demonstrate nursing practice that is based on ethical, legal, and professional values and standards of practice.
• Participate in identifying societal health needs, critiquing and improving the delivery and quality of health care and nursing practice.
• Demonstrate accountability for decisions, actions, and outcomes relative to nursing practice.
• Collaborate with clients and health care team to provide, facilitate, and coordinate optimal health care.
• Utilize leadership and management skills to identify and meet health care needs of individuals, families, groups, and communities.
• Utilize communication theories and techniques in developing effective relationships with clients and health care team members.
• Evaluate research findings to determine their relevance and apply findings to professional nursing practice.
• Demonstrate the efficiency and effectiveness of health care information management and application of patient care technology.
• Demonstrate continued commitment to lifelong learning to promote personal and
Upon completion of the BSN degree at GW, graduates will be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN examination for professional licensing.
Prerequisites and admissions requirements vary from option to option, so please email email@example.com or call 571.553.0138!