GW Nursing’s Community and Global Initiatives strives to improve health equity throughout our communities and the world by creating strategic relationships with organizations that serve communities in need of our health expertise. Our students and faculty provide 200,000 hours of community service to the Washington, D.C. region and on international mission trips.
We provide our students with opportunities to serve internationally, which teaches the scope of health issues people face. Our faculty teach and conduct research with an eye to health issues and priorities of each community they serve. GW Nursing experts are also available to consult on issues of clinical practice and health policy with educational organizations, NGOs and health care providers worldwide.
Consult an individual or faculty team with diverse expertise in health-related education, evidence-based practice and research to meet your specific needs in areas such as:
- Excellence in teaching, including simulation curricula and programs
- Leadership in academic and executive health care settings
- Nursing research in academia and practice
- Familiarity with accreditation processes and standards
Our nursing students take advantage of local and international partnerships for an experience unique to GW:
Call Washington, D.C., home while you develop your faculty or graduate student expertise in collaboration with GW Nursing faculty during a(n):
- Visiting Scholar opportunities for three months to a year, paired with a nursing expert in your specialty area
- Student or faculty exchanges for two to three weeks that immerse you into what GW and D.C. have to offer
Enhance your skills in one- to two-week programs customized to your individual or group needs on topics such as:
- Research enrichment in an intensive mentorship designed to increase productivity and develop a research proposal
- Best practices in active and experiential learning including simulation pedagogies and how to write, conduct, debrief and evaluate scenarios
- Executive nurse leadership in academic or health care settings
Want to get involved?
Inquire about our offerings or how to become a community or international partner at [email protected]
Service in Action
"One of my long-term goals is to work in Haiti as a health care professional. This trip was the perfect opportunity to get a taste of what it’s like to be in Haiti in a professional capacity."
Accelerated BSN Alumna
- Center for Aging, Health and Humanities
- Community and Global Initiatives
- Center for Health Policy and Media Engagement
- Center for Teaching Excellence
- Simulation Professional Development and Practice
- Health Workforce Institute
- Open Educational Resources
- Ventures, Initiatives and Partnerships