Partnering with Universidad San Francisco de Quito
GW Nursing works collaboratively with Universidad San Francisco de Quito to provide a wide spectrum of health-related services and activities during this global community health experience. With expertise aligned with shared vision and goals, we expect a highly successful community health experience with an overarching goal to improve the health outcomes for individuals and communities served in Quito and surrounding areas.
Living and Working Conditions
GW Nursing students on this trip live with a host family carefully selected by the program director. Home stays include a private room/bathroom, three meals per day, cleaning and laundry. Students will be treated as a family member so they can gain firsthand knowledge of Ecuadorian culture and improve Spanish skills. Transportation to and from the airport will be provided by host families, and daily transportation will be provided by an on-site program director.
- To work together with our partners Universidad San Francisco de Quito to assist in providing basic primary health care focused on community health
- Develop and implement health education interventions for adults and children of all ages in Quito, Ecuador
- To strengthen relationships with individuals and communities served by Universidad San Francisco de Quito in the shared vision and goals to build capacity and develop sustainable programs based on the community’s prioritized health needs.
- To improve health outcomes for people experiencing prevailing and emerging health problems by identifying and prioritizing health needs.
- Promote health and alleviate disease through strategic health education initiatives focused on building healthier communities in partnership with Universidad San Francisco de Quito
- Center for Aging, Health and Humanities
- Community and Global Initiatives
- Center for Health Policy and Media Engagement
- Center for Teaching Excellence
- Simulation Learning and Innovation Center
- Health Workforce Institute
- Open Educational Resources
- Ventures, Initiatives and Partnerships