Erin Athey DNP, FNP-BC, RN, FAANP
Erin Athey, DNP, FNP-BC, RN, FAANP, is developing a research program focused on the development of evidence-based interventions for HIV-infected individuals and other chronic diseases, including mental health issues, with a focus on the social determinants of health. Her entire NP career has been devoted to working in under-resourced areas, most of which has been in Washington, D.C., caring for HIV-infected adolescents and adults. Dr. Athey has a keen understanding of the importance of providing holistic care to patients, which includes their biological, psychological and social needs.
- President — Greater Washington, D.C., Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (2016 – Present)
- Clinical Scholars Fellowship — Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (2016 – 2019)
- MHI-STREET: Mental Health Improvement — Screening, Training, Referring, Engaging, Empowering and Treating, Washington, D.C.
- University of Virginia, Doctor of Nursing Practice
- George Mason University, Master of Science in Nursing
- Florida State University, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Yeagley, E. K., Kulbok, P. A., O'Laughlen, M. C., Ingersoll, K. S., Rovnyak, V. G., & Rana, S. (2012). The feasibility and acceptability of a motivational interviewing intervention for HIV-infected youth in an urban outpatient clinic: A pilot study. The Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care: JANAC, 23(4), 366.
- Athey, E. (2014). The Quest for an Effective Adherence Intervention: A DOT-cART Case Study. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, 25(6), 682-686.
- El-Banna, M. M., Briggs, L. A., Leslie, M. S., Athey, E. K., Pericak, A., Falk, N. L., & Greene, J. (2015). Does Prior RN Clinical Experience Predict Academic Success in Graduate Nurse Practitioner Programs? The Journal of Nursing Education, 54(5), 276-280.
- Athey, E.K., Leslie, M., Briggs, L., Park, J., Falk, N., Pericak, A., El-Banna, M. & Greene, J. (2015). How important are autonomy and work setting to nurse practitioners’ job satisfaction? Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, 15 (1). doi:10.1002/2327-6924.12292
- Park, J., Athey, E., Pericak, A., Pulcini, J., & Greene, J. (2016). To What Extent Are State Scope of Practice Laws Related to Nurse Practitioners’ Day-to-Day Practice Autonomy?. Medical Care Research and Review, 1077558716677826.