This interactive workshop introduces the simulation educator to evaluation tools used to assess the design of the simulation, facilitator evaluation and learner performance during simulation experiences. Emphasis is placed on the development of outcome criteria for a simulation experience. Elements of formative, summative and high-stakes evaluation are highlighted.
Upon completion of the intensive, the participants will:
- Discuss evaluation across the NLN/Jeffries Simulation Theory.
- Describe Kirkpatrick’s Four Levels of Evaluation.
- Compare and contrast formative, summative and high stakes evaluation.
- Discuss the importance of validity and reliability when selecting an evaluation tool.
- Examine and apply select tools for use in evaluating learner performance during simulation.
Novice and experienced simulation educators with a recognized need for education on evaluation in simulation.