Lorraine Taylor Rilko
- Clinical Assistant Professor
- Virginia Science and Technology Campus
- Innovation Hall
45085 University Dr.
Ashburn, Virginia 20147
- [email protected]
Lorraine (Lorrie) Taylor Rilko, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, ADM-BC, is a clinical assistant professor of nursing teaching in the FNP program. Dr. Rilko has 27 years of clinical experience as a nurse practitioner in settings that include Internal Medicine and Family Practice. She has cared for in and outpatient post-transplant recipients as a heart transplant coordinator at INOVA Heart and Vascular Institute and volunteers at the Fauquier Free Clinic caring for underserved populations.
Dr. Rilko is board certified in Advanced Diabetes Management with the American Association of Diabetes Educators and a recipient of the Care First Project RN–Nurse Education Partnership Scholarship. She has been adjunct faculty with GW Nursing from 2000-2003 and again since 2017.
- DNP Capstone: George Washington University. Project: Evaluation of a Worksite Lifestyle Balance Program. Conducted and presented at Lockheed Martin Health and Wellness program.
- Research Assistant: George Mason University. Project: Physical Restraint of the Hospitalized Patient. Conducted and presented at Alexandria Hospital.
- Research Assistant: George Mason University. Project: An Evaluation of a Fire Fighter Physical Fitness Program. Department of Health and Physical Education.
- The George Washington University – Doctorate of Nursing Practice - Education Concentration (2017)
- The George Washington University – Post-Graduate Certificate Family Nurse Practitioner (1998)
- George Mason University – Master of Science in Nursing (1991)
- George Mason University – Bachelor of Science in Nursing (1984)
Taylor, L. (2002). Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: Comparing Adults and Adolescents. Medscape: Topics in Advanced Practice Nursing EJournal, 2(2).
- NSHC Certified Health Coach – National Society of Health Coaches (2012)
- NIOSH Certified Spirometry/CAOHC Certified Hearing Conservation (2011)
- Certified Insulin Pump Trainer – Animas (Johnson and Johnson) (2009)
- Johnson and Johnson Diabetes Institute Graduate (2008)
- Global Initiative – Diabetes Care Training
- American Association of Diabetes Educators (2006-present)
- Sigma Theta Tau, Epsilon Zeta Chapter – George Mason University (1984 - present)
- American Diabetes Association – Board Member (1995 - 1997)
- Virginia Diabetes Coalition (1997-1999)
- Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners (1991 - present)