- Assistant Professor, Executive Director ABSN Program
- Virginia Science and Technology Campus
- Innovation Hall
45085 University Dr.
Ashburn, Virginia 20147
- [email protected]
Malinda Whitlow, DNP, RN, FNP-BC, is a three-time graduate (Triple Hoo) at the University of Virginia. Dr. Whitlow is currently the and assistant professor and Executive Director of the ABSN Program at GW Nursing. She participated in the 2014 and 2016 GW Nursing trips to Haiti, providing care and promoting community health, as well as the March 2015 trip to Ecuador to provide care in a rural community clinic. Dr. Whitlow is also a member of the American Nurses Association, the Virginia Nurses Association, the Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners, and Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society.
- Improving interdisciplinary communication between nurses and physicians within the inpatient setting
- Interprofessional education
- Integrating innovative teaching modalities within the classroom
- University of Virginia, Doctor of Nursing Practice (August 2013)
- University of Virginia, Master of Science in Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner (May 2011)
- University of Virginia, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (May 2007)
- With Distinction
- Central Texas College, Associate Degree in Nursing (December 2001)
- Honor Graduate
- Whitlow, L. M., Drake, E., Tullmann, D., Hoke, J., & Barth, D. (2014). Bringing Technology to the Bedside: Using Smartphones to Improve Interprofessional Communication. CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing. Jul 2014. Vol. 32, Issue 7, p305-311.
- Nurse Faculty Leadership Academy Scholar Recipient — Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society (March 2016 – November 2017).
- University Teaching and Learning Center Grant for Experimentation in Teaching — The George Washington University (Spring 2016: $1,500 awarded)
- 40 Under 40 Award Recipient — Virginia Nurses Association (November 2015)
- PRET and Jr. Faculty Teaching and Learning Center Program Acceptance — The George Washington University (Spring 2015).
- Excellence in Student Life Awards: Wall of Fame Recipient — The George Washington University (April 2015)
- DNP Capstone Poster Acceptance and First Place Poster Recipient — Reston Hospital Center “Spring Into Research” Conference (May 2014)
- Rodriguez Nursing Research Fund Recipient — University of Virginia (2013)
- Pam Cipriano Research Award — University of Virginia Health System (October 2012)