- Clinical Associate Professor; Assistant Dean of BSN
- Virginia Science and Technology Campus
- Innovation Hall
45085 University Dr
Ashburn, Virginia 20147
Mark Tanner, DNP, RN, is assistant dean of the bachelor of science in nursing program and a clinical associate professor of nursing in the Acute and Chronic Care faculty community. He will start Nov. 1 and be located at VSTC. Dr. Tanner previously served as director of the BSN program at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS), where he also earned his DNP. He worked at UAMS Hospital in the Progressive Care and Critical Care units where he specialized in medical and neurological/neurosurgical patients. He began as a full-time faculty member at the UAMS College of Nursing in 2012 and has taught in the Pathophysiology, Adult Med-Surg, Fundamentals, and Critical Care courses in the BSN program. Dr. Tanner was named to Arkansas Great 100 Nurses in 2018 and to Arkansas Action Coalition 40 Under 40 Nurse Leaders in 2017.
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences – Doctor of Nursing Practice (2015)
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences – Master of Nursing Science (2012)
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences – Bachelor of Science in Nursing (2008)
- Brigham Young University – Bachelor of Science in Biology (2006)
- Matthews, E.E., Tanner, J.M., & Dumont, N.A. (2016). Sleep disturbances in acutely ill patients with cancer. Critical Care Nursing Clinics.
Conelius, J. (In Press). Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular System. In Grossman, S. & Porth, C.M (Eds.), Porth’s Pathophysiology Concepts of Altered Health States. Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Named to Arkansas Great 100 Nurses (2018)
- Named to Arkansas Action Coalition 40 Under 40 Nurse Leaders (2017)
- Finalist Arkansas Nursing Educator of the Year (2016)
- Recipient of Nursing Team Scholarship to Centers for Medical Simulation Basic Instructor Course Boston, MA (2015)
- Outstanding Instructor Little Rock Campus – UAMS College of Nursing (2014-2018)
- Outstanding Little Rock Instructor – UAMS College of Nursing (2013-2014)
- Best Classroom Instructor - UAMS College of Nursing (2012-2013)