Nadine Marchi DNP, RN, CNE, CRRN
Nadine M. Marchi, DNP, RN, CNE, CRRN, is a clinical assistant professor of nursing teaching in the BSN program. She is a certified nurse educator, healthcare simulation educator and rehabilitation rurse with experience in medical-surgical nursing, dialysis, pediatrics, rehabilitation and occupational health.
Previously, Dr. Marchi served as assistant to the director for the graduate entry nursing program at Case Western Reserve University where she also earned her D.N.P. She has 15 years of instructional experience. Dr. Marchi is a Quality Matters peer reviewer and evaluator. She recently reviewed the first publisher course to receive Quality Matters certification: ShadowHealth Pharmacology. Dr. Marchi is also certified as a VoiceThread educator.
Dr. Marchi also practiced as transitional care coordinator with the Cleveland Clinic before moving to Virginia.
- Case Western Reserve University – Doctor of Nursing Practice (2014)
- The University of Akron – Master of Science in Nursing (1987)
- The University of Akron – Bachelor of Science in Nursing (1980)
- Marchi, N., Wavelet, J., Davis, S., & Condict, M., (2020, September, 5). Patient Safety Teamwork Using the Clifton Strengths Finder Tool and Cognitive Rehearsal. Nurse Educator. doi: 10.1097/NNE.0000000000000919
- Marchi, N., Zimmermann, E., Kelling, C., Wong, S. & Juniper, K. (2019). A Medication Dosage Simulation Strategy to Improve Patient Safety. American Nurse Today, 14(9), 1-8.
- Jackson, M. & Marchi, N. (2019). Graduate Entry Education for Non-Nurses: Preparation, Pathways and Progress. Nursing Education Perspectives, doi: 10.1097/01.NEP.0000000000000510
- Lindell, D., Koppelman, C., & Marchi, N. (2018). A Unique Hybrid Approach to the Clinical Immersion Experience. Journal for Nurses in Professional Development, 34(4), E1-E6. doi: 10.1097/NND.0000000000000463
- Marchi, N. & Grdina, R. (2017). QSEN to the Rescue! AmericanNurseToday, 12(8), 49-51.
- Marchi, N. & Dolansky, M. (2017). Fostering Patient Safety Knowledge, Perceived Safety Skills and Attitudes Among Bachelor of Science in Nursing Students Using Active Learning Approaches. Nursing Education Perspectives, 38(3):146-148.
- QSEN Institute Teaching Strategy-Using QSEN Competencies to foster Professional development among Baccalaureate Nursing Students-peer reviewed by two reviewers and accepted for publication on QSEN website, March, 2013.
- Montisano, N. (1989). Transformational Nursing Leadership. Nursing Management. 5, 1989.
- Montisano, N. (1988). What is Sigma Theta Tau? Nursing Directions, 6(2).
- Marchi, N. (2020). A medication dosage simulation strategy to improve patient safety. In C. Alfes & E. Emerson (Eds.), Innovative Strategies in Teaching Nursing, Springer.
- Marchi, N. (2020). Hypertension-4G. In C. Alfes & C. Kelley (Eds.), Clinical Simulations for the APRN-OSCE Templates. Springer.
- Marchi, N. (2018). Research critique of primary care experiences of people who live with chronic pain and receive opioids to manage pain: A qualitative methodology. In K. Baum & J. Fitzpatrick (Eds.), Advanced Nursing Research Critiques. New York, New York: Springer.
- Marchi, N. (2018). Quality and Safety. A Guide to Mastery in Clinical Nursing. New York, New York: Springer.
- Marchi, N. (2018). Transitional Care Coordination. A Guide to Mastery in Clinical Nursing. New York, New York: Springer.
- Marchi, N. & Good, M. (2017). Music Therapy. In Encyclopedia of Nursing Research. (4th edition) New York, New York: Springer.
- Marchi, N. & Phillips, N. (2017). Nursing Process. In Encyclopedia of Nursing Research. (4th edition). New York, New York: Springer.
- Montisano-Marchi, N & Dolansky, M. (2017). QSEN. In Encyclopedia of Nursing Research. (4th edition). New York, New York: Springer.