Rebecca D. Mance
- Clinical Instructor
- Virginia Science and Technology Campus
- 45085 University Dr.
Ashburn, Virginia 20147
- [email protected]
Rebecca Mance, DNP, RN, has worked in maternal child health and public health for over 15 years. She has worked in both acute and primary care settings as a bedside nurse, educator and Clinical Nurse Specialist. She continues to volunteer time working with underserved populations and with the Medical Reserve Corp as an emergency and disaster responder. Dr. Mance is ANCC board-certified as a Public Health Clinical Nurse Specialist and holds certifications in Inpatient Obstetrics and Electronic Fetal Monitoring from NCC.
Dr. Mance is currently involved in maternal depression and postpartum depression research. She is interested in nursing care of these populations as well as healthcare policy involving women and children.
- Maternal depression: perinatal nurses perceived attitudes, beliefs and practices
- Reducing preterm deliveries in underserved African-American women: a community education initiative
- George Washington University School of Nursing, DNP (2017)
- University of Virginia School of Nursing, MSN: Community and Public Health Leadership (2009)
- University of New Mexico College of Nursing, BSN (2002)
Paul Ambrose Scholar — 2017
Distinguished Alumni — University of New Mexico College of Nursing (2016)
Top 40 Under 40 — Virginia Nurses Association (2015)
Inaugural Visiting Nurse Scholar — U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (2009)
Sigma Theta Tau