- Associate Professor; Assistant Dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Foggy Bottom Campus
- 1919 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, District Of Columbia 20006
- [email protected]
Sandra Davis, PhD, DPM, CRNP-BC, is an associate professor and assistant dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the school of nursing. At the beginning of 2017, Dr. Davis co-led an advisory council charged to promote diversity, equity and inclusion at the school before being appointed to a newly created assistant dean role later that year. Previously, she was the director of Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program before stepping down to focus on diversity initiatives. Dr. Davis began her career in podiatry, where she spent years in private practice before transitioning to a career in nursing. She has been in academia for the over 16 years serving in both faculty and administrative roles. She currently teaches in the MSN program and her research focuses on health care disparities, social determinants of health and simulation in nursing. In 2016, Dr. Davis was selected as an AACN/Wharton Executive Leadership Fellow.
- Health care disparities
- Social determinants of health
- Simulation in nursing
- Drexel University, PhD
- Temple University, Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania, Master of Science in Nursing
- Temple University, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Wellesley College, Bachelor of Arts
- Davis, S., Sheingold, B., Zeiger, R. (2016). Teaching caregiver care to advanced practice nurses: The intersection of technology, online support and social capital. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 6(11).
- Wright, K., Davis, S. (2015). Student feedback to enhance student support services in a Blackboard Community: A quality improvement project. American Journal of Educational Research, 3, 1040-1044.
- Davis, S. & Chapa, D. (2015). Social determinants of health: Knowledge to effective action for change. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 11(4), 424-429.
- Posey, L., Davis, S., Briggs, L., Sheingold, B. (July, 2014). Communities of inquiry in online nurse practitioner education. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 10(10), e77-e86.
- Davis, S. (2014). Mentoring and the use of innovative curriculum design to develop a global nurse leader. Minority Nurse Magazine, Winter 2014, 44-46.
- AACN/Wharton Executive Leadership Fellow — American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2016)