To create a collaborative network and professional community of educators dedicated to high-quality simulation NP education, research and practice.
- Identify and critically evaluate gaps in research and evidence for the use of simulation in nurse practitioner education, research, and practice.
- Synthesize evidence to inform best practices for the use of simulation in NP education, research, and practice.
- Establish research priorities related to gaps in NP simulation research.
- Develop recommendations for thoughtful use of simulation in NP education and practice directed by NP core competencies and informed by current empirical evidence.
- Advise stakeholders with informed recommendations regarding the use of simulation in NP education, research, and practice.
Health care simulation experts from professional organizations, schools and technology companies gathered in January of this year in Washington, D.C., to discuss how best to evaluate health care simulation in NP programs. Hosted by the National Organization for Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF) and GW Nursing, the Thought Leaders’ Summit on Simulation in NP Education examined existing evidence, discussed the challenges of evaluation and began formulating next steps.
More than 100 nursing educators attended GW Nursing’s second annual Simulation Conference, which this year focused on simulation in NP education. It was at the conference that the idea for the Simulation Consortium began.
The Simulation Consortium Steering Committee was created to examine the feasibility and potential achievement of objectives, provide guidance and expertise relative to the objectives, and ensure strategies to address threats to the achievement of objectives are identified.
Mission and Goals Announced!
The Simulation Consortium Steering Committee finalized the official mission and goals for the consortium.
Interested in learning more? Sign up for our Simulation in NP Education Consortium list and we will keep you updated on the latest updates and timelines as they develop.
- Center for Aging, Health and Humanities
- Community and Global Initiatives
- Center for Health Policy and Media Engagement
- Center for Teaching Excellence
- Simulation Professional Development and Practice
- Health Workforce Institute
- Open Educational Resources
- Ventures, Initiatives and Partnerships