Congratulations on your admittance to the George Washington University School of Nursing! We hope you’re excited about beginning your studies here, and we want to ensure the transition is as seamless as possible.
Accepting Your Offer of Admission
If accepted to a program, you will receive an electronic admissions letter through the GW Application system. Indicate that you wish to accept admission by clicking the “Reply to Offer” button in the bottom-right corner. Once you accept, you will receive a follow-up email with instructions on how to pay the non-refundable $500 deposit to secure your spot in the incoming class. From there, you will receive follow-up emails with next steps on how to register for courses.
Submitting Official Transcripts
If you accept your offer of admission and enroll in courses at GW, you will need to submit official transcripts for all credit taken at a higher education institution. These transcripts must be submitted by the end of your first semester or a registration hold will be placed on your account. The transcripts should reflect final grades for all courses and indicate conferral of a degree (if applicable).
Each transcript should arrive in a sealed (unopened) envelope from the university or delivered to GW electronically in an official capacity. Students can deliver transcripts in person, but the envelopes should still be sealed. Please send or bring all transcripts to the Office of Admissions at:
GW Nursing Office of Admissions
45085 University Drive, Suite 200
Ashburn, VA 20147
Undergraduate Students Requirements
If accepted into an undergraduate program, you will be required to submit the following documentation:
- Background and Drug Screen completed by CastleBranch, Inc.
- Valid CPR card from American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider course
- Completed GWU Health Form from a recent physical exam
- Valid Health Insurance (through GW or private)
- Immunization records including:
- MMR (2 vaccinations or positive antibody titer)
- Varicella (2 vaccinations or positive antibody titer)
- Hepatitis B (3 vaccinations or positive antibody titer)
- TB (PPD or Quantiferon Gold Blood Test – within last 12 months)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap) – Tdap booster dated after 11 years of age plus most recent Td booster dated within the last 10 years if it has been more than 10 years since your Tdap booster
- Influenza (During October through April)
Equipment and Uniforms (BSN)
White Coat: Students will need to have their white coat delivered prior to the White Coat ceremony at the beginning of their program. Dates and order forms will be provided via email after accepting admission. The white coat must be purchased through Fenton’s either online or at their location in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- 1 Red Scrub Top w/ GWU Logo (Inova Hospitals)*
- 1 Blue Scrub Top w/ GWU Logo (All Other Hospitals)*
- 1 Khaki Scrub Bottoms
- 1 Pair White Nursing Shoes
- 1 Navy Blue Scrub set (top & bottom)
- 1 Pair athletic shoes
* Item can only be purchased from Fenton’s
Beginning fall 2018, each student admitted to the BSN program are expected to own and have ready access to a laptop or tablet with basic productivity software for classroom use.
All students admitted to GW Nursing programs at all levels must attend an online orientation on Blackboard. You will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and complete the orientation after being admitted.
1919 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, D.C. 20006
45085 University Dr
Ashburn, Virginia 20147