- Clinical Assistant Professor
- Virginia Science and Technology Campus
- Innovation Hall
45085 University Dr.
Ashburn, Virginia 20147
- [email protected]
Sue Bhati, PhD, NP, is a clinical assistant professor of nursing teaching in the bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) program. Dr. Bhati’s research interests stem from her belief that educating young underserved women in preventive health care, and providing free primary health services to them and their children, is empowering and improves outcomes for both women and children.
She has worked extensively with low income and diverse populations in various roles including primary nurse, nurse manager, case manager, clinical nurse specialist, nurse practitioner and nurse educator. Dr. Bhati is a FNP with an active practice at the Alexandria Health Department providing sexual health services to the LGBTQ community.
- George Mason University – Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (2014)
- The George Washington University – Post-masters Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (2010)
- George Mason University – Post-masters Nurse Educator Certificate (2007)
- George Mason University – Masters in Nursing (1992)
- George Mason University – Bachelors in Nursing (1989)
- Bhati, S., & Richards, K. (2015). A Systematic Review of the Relationship Between Postpartum Sleep Disturbance and Postpartum Depression. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing, 44(3), 350-357.
- Sorrell, J., & Bhati, S. (1991). Nursing across the curriculum. Northern Virginia Writing Project, 14, 1.