Arlene Pericak DA, MS, FNP-BC
Arlene Pericak, DA, MS, FNP-BC, has had a career of over 20 years as a Family Nurse Practitioner (across the lifespan) and educator of nurse practitioner students. She is engaged in interprofessional educational opportunities for students. Her scholarship is embedded in the science of teaching and on nurse practitioner practice autonomy.
- NONPF Educator of the Year Award (April 2016)
- Bender Teaching Award Finalist, George Washington University (2016)
- Fellow in the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, AANP (June 2015)
- Research interests include best practices in educating nurse practitioner students and autonomy and scope of practice issues for practicing nurse practitioners.
- State University of New York at Albany, Doctor of Arts in Humanistic Studies (2010)
- Major in Sociology; Minor in Women’s Studies
- University of Pennsylvania, Post-Graduate Teaching Certificate (1995)
- University of Lowell, Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner (1988)
- University of Massachusetts, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Magna Cum Laude) (1984)
- Accepted (10/16): Park J, Athey E, Pericak A, Pulcini J, Greene J. (2016). To what extent are state scopes of practice laws related to nurse practitioners’ day-to-day practice autonomy? Medical Care Research and Review.
- Accepted but in revision (10/16): Pericak, A., Graziano, M. McNelis, A. (2016). The value of faculty site visit evaluations in Nurse Practitioner Education: the students’ perspective. Journal of Nursing Education.
- Athey, E. K., Leslie, M. S., Briggs, L. A., Park, J., Falk, N. L., Pericak, A., El-Banna, M. M. and Greene, J. (2016). How important are autonomy and work setting to nurse practitioners’ job satisfaction? Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, 28: 320–326. doi:10.1002/2327-6924.12292
- Pericak, A. (2015). Diagnosing Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Using the DSM-5 Criteria. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 11 (2), 274 – 275.
- El-Banna M., Briggs L., Leslie M., Athey E., Pericak A., Falk N., Greene J. (2015). Does Prior RN Clinical Experience Predict Academic Success in Graduate Nurse Practitioner Programs? J Nurs Educ. 54(5) 276-280. doi: 10.3928/01484834-20150417-05