- Director of Simulation and Experiential Learning
- Virginia Science and Technology Campus
- Innovation Hall
45085 University Dr.
Ashburn, Virginia 20147
- [email protected]
Crystel L. Farina, MSN, RN, graduated from the Macqueen Gibbs Willis School of Nursing in 1996, obtained a BSN and MSN from Wilmington University and is currently working on a PhD from Notre Dame of Maryland University. Ms. Farina was the Director of Simulation for Health Professions at Chesapeake College in Wye Mills, Maryland where she taught in the simulation lab for nursing and collaborated with health professions programs to support simulation in EMS, Surg. Tech., and Rad. Tech. Programs. She offers consultation services in simulation center design. Ms. Farina completed the NLN Leadership for Simulation Educators program with the 2015 cohort, is a member of the Maryland Clinical Simulation Resource Consortium Steering Committee, INACSL, and SSH. She is currently a Certified Nurse Educator and Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator. Ms. Farina has presented at INACSL, NLN and local simulation conferences. She joined George Washington University School of Nursing in August of 2017 as Director of Simulation and Experiential Learning.
- Notre Dame of Maryland University – Doctor of Philosophy (currently pursuing)
- Wilmington University – Master of Science in Nursing (2008)
- Wilmington University – Bachelor of Science in Nursing (2004)
- Macqueen Gibbs Willis School of Nursing (1996)
- Chesapeake College Stuart M. Bounds Distinguished Teaching Chair (2016)