Dr. Majeda El-Banna
- Assistant Professor; Director, RN-BSN/MSN Program
- Virginia Science and Technology Campus
- 45085 University Dr.
Ashburn, Virginia 20147
Dr. Majeda El-Banna is an Assistant Professor and Director of the RN-BSN/MSN Program. Her professional nursing experience includes practice in many roles of increasing leadership and responsibility, such as registered nurse, clinical instructor, faculty, department head, a school of nursing dean and program director.
She has taught courses for many years at the undergraduate and graduate levels, such as in medical surgical nursing, nursing advancement professional portfolio, concepts in population health, nursing research and nursing leadership.
- Students Perception, Satisfaction and Achievement of Flipped Classroom
- Enhanced Interprofessional Communication and Practice
- Motivated Strategies for Learning in Accelerated Second Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing Students
- Nurses’ Health Promoting Lifestyle Behaviors in a Community Hospital
- Relationship of Maternal Anemia to Infant Anemia in a Developed Country Case Control Analysis of Mother-Infant Couples in the U.S. (WIC) Program
University of Nebraska Medical Center, PhD in Nursing
University of Jordan, MSN in Nursing Education
- Focus in Adult Health Nursing
University of Jordan, BSN
El-Banna, M., & Lang, C. (2016). Global Nursing: Primary Health Perspective in Caring for Populations. In Lewenson, S. and Truglio-Londrigan, M.(Eds), Practicing Primary Health Care in Nursing: Caring for Populations, Jones & Bartlett Learning, Burlington, Massachusetts, (ISBN- 13: 9781284078107).
Athey, E., Leslie, M., Briggs, L., Park, J., Falk, N.L., Pericak, A., El-Banna, M., & Greene, J. (2015). How Important are Autonomy and Work Setting to Nurse Practitioners’ Job Satisfaction? Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (JAANP). August 13, 2015. DOI: 10.1002/2327-6924.12292
El-Banna, M., Briggs, L., Leslie, M., Athey, E., Pericak, A., Falk, N.L., & Greene, J. (2015). Does Prior RN Clinical Experience Predict Academic Success in Graduate Nurse Practitioner Programs? Journal of Nursing Education. May V5(5)276-280.
School of Nursing Research Award — George Washington University
- For research entitled “Flipping Around the Classroom: Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Students’ Satisfaction and Achievement"