Majeda El-Banna PhD, RN, CNE
Majeda El-Banna, PhD, RN, CNE, is a tenured associate professor and program director of the RN-BSN/MSN. Her professional nursing experience includes practice in many roles of increasing leadership and responsibility, such as registered nurse, clinical instructor, faculty, department head, a school of nursing dean and program director.
Dr. El-Banna has taught courses for many years at the undergraduate and graduate levels, such as in medical-surgical nursing, nursing advancement professional portfolio, concepts in population health, nursing research and nursing leadership.
- School of Nursing Research Award – George Washington University
For research entitled “Flipping Around the Classroom: Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Students’ Satisfaction and Achievement"
- Students Perception, Satisfaction and Achievement of Flipped Classroom
- Enhanced Interprofessional Communication and Practice
- Motivated Strategies for Learning in Accelerated Second Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing Students
- Nurses’ Health Promoting Lifestyle Behaviors in a Community Hospital
- Relationship of Maternal Anemia to Infant Anemia in a Developed Country Case Control Analysis of Mother-Infant Couples in the U.S. (WIC) Program
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing
- University of Jordan, Master of Science in Nursing Education
- Focus in Adult Health Nursing
- University of Jordan, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- VoiceThread Certified Educator
- El-Banna, M., & Lang, C. (2016). Global Nursing: Primary Health Perspective in Caring for Populations. In Lewenson, S. and Truglio-Londrigan, M.(Eds), Practicing Primary Health Care in Nursing: Caring for Populations, Jones & Bartlett Learning, Burlington, Massachusetts, (ISBN- 13: 9781284078107).
- Athey, E., Leslie, M., Briggs, L., Park, J., Falk, N.L., Pericak, A., El-Banna, M., & Greene, J. (2015). How Important are Autonomy and Work Setting to Nurse Practitioners’ Job Satisfaction? Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (JAANP). August 13, 2015. DOI: 10.1002/2327-6924.12292
- El-Banna, M., Briggs, L., Leslie, M., Athey, E., Pericak, A., Falk, N.L., & Greene, J. (2015). Does Prior RN Clinical Experience Predict Academic Success in Graduate Nurse Practitioner Programs? Journal of Nursing Education. May V5(5)276-280.