Margaret (Maggie) Hadro Venzke
- Assistant Professor; Director of Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program Options
- Foggy Bottom Campus
- 1919 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington, D.C. 20006
- [email protected]
Margaret (Maggie) Hadro Venzke, DNP, RN, FNP-BC, MS, has taught for more than 20 years in graduate adult and family nurse practitioner programs. Dr. Venzke has practiced as a nurse practitioner in different clinical settings, including college health, public health, and adult and geriatric settings. She is a member of the American Gerontological Society of America and is an active champion of adult and geriatric immunizations.
Dr. Venzke’s academic interests are in creating innovative online curriculum, simulation in graduate nursing education and developing opportunities for interprofessional collaborative practice. Her clinical and research interests focus on the topics of adult immunizations, patient vaccine refusal and fall prevention for older adults in primary care settings.
- Adult immunizations
- Patient vaccine refusal
- Fall prevention for older adults in primary care settings
- George Washington University School of Nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Master of Science in Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner
- University of Virginia, Bachelor of Science in Nursing