Qiuping (Pearl) Zhou PhD, RN
Pearl Zhou, PhD, RN, is a research methodologist. Her current research includes assessing the perceived benefits and burdens of cancer clinical trial participation and clinical trial retention, lifestyle behaviors among adults with prediabetes/diabetes, and health care for the underserved population.
Dr. Zhou is actively engaged in research proposal development and her benefits and burdens study is funded by the National Cancer Institute. She serves as a manuscript reviewer for several journals and a statistical reviewer for Nursing Research. Dr. Zhou's research findings have been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals.
- Instrument development
- Psychometric testing
- Survey methods
- Advanced statistical analysis
- Perceptions of benefit and burden of clinical trial participation and retention
- Provider communication and clinical trial retention
- Blood glucose management and control among people with pre-diabetes or diet controlled diabetes
- University of Maryland, Doctor of Philosophy
- University of Alberta, Master of Science in Nursing
- Shanghai Second Military Medical University, Post-Registered Nurse
- Ulrich, C.M., Ratcliffe , S. J., Wallen, G., Zhou, Q., Knafl, K., & Grady, C. (2016). Cancer Clinical Trial Participants and Assessment of Risks and Benefits. AJOB Empirical Bioethics, 7(1). DOI:10.1080/23294515.2015.1034381
- Milman, N. B., , Posey, L., Pintz, C., Wright, K., & Zhou, P. (2015). Online master’s students’ perceptions of institutional supports and resources: Initial survey results. Online Learning Journal, 19 (4).
- Ulrich, C.M., Zhou, Q., Hanlon, A., Danis, M., & Grady, C. (2014). The impact of ethics and work-related factors on nurse practitioners’ and physician assistants’ views on quality of primary healthcare in the United States. Applied Nursing Research, 27(3), 152-156. doi: 10.1016/j.apnr.2014.01.001
- Oh, K.M., Zhou, Q., Kreps, G., & Kim W. (2014). The influences of immigration on health information seeking behaviors among Korean Americans and Native Koreans. Health Education & Behavior, 41(2), 173-185. Online first: DOI: 10.1177/1090198113496789.
- Oh, K.M., Jun, J., Zhou, Q., and Kreps, G. (2014) Korean American Women's Perceptions about Physical Examinations and Cancer Screening Services Offered in Korea: The Influences of Medical Tourism on Korean American. Journal of Community Health, 39(2), 221–229. doi:10.1007/s10900-013-9800-z
- Oh, K.M., Zhou, Q., Kreps, G., & Ryu, S.K. (2012). Breast Cancer Screening Practices among Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. American Journal Health Behavior, 36 (5), 711-722. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5993/AJHB.36.5.13
- Zhou, Q. & Oh, K.M. (2012). Lifestyle Behaviors and Related Factors between Asian American and White Adults with Prediabetes. Nursing and Health Science, 14, 58-66.
- Zhou, Q. Remsburg, R., Caufield, K. & Itote, E. (2012). Lifestyle Behaviors, Chronic Diseases and Ratings of Health between Black and White Adults with Prediabetes. The Diabetes Educator, 38 (2), 219-228.
- Zhou, Q. Jung, L. Richards, K. C. (2012). The Management of Sleep and Circadian Disturbance in Patients with Dementia. Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports. Online First: DOI: 10.1007/s11910-012-0249-8
- Ulrich, C.M., Zhou, Q., Ratcliffe, S. J., Grady, C., & Watkins-Bruner, D. (2012). Nurse Practitioners' attitude about cancer clinical trials and willingness to recommend research participation. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 33, 76-84.