Tony Roberson PhD, PMHNP-BC, RN, FAANP
- Fellow of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (2017)
- Society of Luther Christman Fellows (2016)
- The University of North Carolina – Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing Science (2007)
- The University of South Florida – Master of Science in Nursing, PMHNP (2002)
- Saint Petersburg College – Associate of Science in Nursing (1999)
- Troy State University – Master of Science in Counseling and Psychology (1991)
- The University of Alabama – Bachelor of Arts in Piano (1985)
- Roberson AJ (2007). The Experiences of Adolescents Consenting to Psychiatric Mental Health Treatment. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Nursing, Chapel Hill, NC 2007 Aug.
- Washington, CE & Roberson, AJ (2019). Adolescent Self-Management as a Protective Factor Related to Mother’s Mental Disorder. Accepted for publication. Western Journal of Nursing Research.
- Mays, L., Sanko, JS, Roberson, AJ, & Salani, D (2017). Do you hear what I hear? Utilizing simulation strategies to promote sensitivity and empathy in undergraduate nursing students. Published abstract. Journal of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare, 11 (6).
- Johnson D, & Roberson, AJ (2013). The evaluation of the relaxation training and sleep hygiene education for insomnia of depressed patients. Clinical Scholars Review, 6 (1).
- Roberson, AJ & Kjervik, DK (2012). Adolescents' perceptions of their consent to mental health treatment. Nursing Research and Practice, February 2012 (12).
- Troup, KA & Roberson, AJ (2011). A 10-year-old with anxiety and history of asthma. Pediatric Nursing, 37(3), 133-135.
- Muirhead, L & Roberson, AJ, Secrest, J. (2011). Utilization of foot care services among homeless adults: Implications for advanced practice nursing. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, 23, 209-215.
- Vance, DE & Roberson, AJ (2010). Helping patients remember: How to use the spaced-retrieval method in practice. Advances for Occupational Therapy Practitioners, (26)23.
- Vance, DE, Roberson, AJ, McGuiness, T, & Fazeli, PL (2010). How neuroplasticity and cognitive reserve protect cognitive functioning. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services, 48(4).
- Christian, B, Pearce, PF, Roberson, AJ, Rothwell, E (2010). It’s a small, small world: Data collection strategies for research with children and adolescents. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 25(3), 202-214.
- Roberson, AJ (2008). Clinical problem: Ten-year old with irritability and temper tantrums. Pediatric Nursing Journal, 34(5), 426-427.
- Roberson, AJ & Kjervik, DK (2008). Therapeutic jurisprudence: A theoretical model for research with adolescent psychiatric mental health populations. Journal of Nursing Law, 12(1), 54-59.
- Roberson, AJ (2007). Adolescent informed consent: Ethics, law and theory to guide policy and nursing research. Journal of Nursing Law, 11(4), 191-196.
- Roberson, AJ (2012). Encyclopedia of Adolescence. Poverty and Adolescents. Authored the section on Poverty, Adolescence, and Mental Health. Springer: New York.
- Invited Contributor: (2010). Psychiatric Nursing, Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing Chapter. 6th Ed. Lawrence Scahill, Maryellen Pachler.