- Assistant Clinical Professor
- Virginia Science and Technology Campus
- Innovation Hall
45085 University Dr.
Ashburn, Virginia 20147
Whitney Shanley, MSN, RN, finds purpose in her ability to integrate knowledge, critical thinking and compassion into educating the nurses of our future. Her students are challenged to explore more, know more and be better.
Mrs. Shanley teaches in the classroom and in the clinical environment at the undergraduate level. Currently, she is teaching Foundations of Nursing: Health Assessment with the associated lab component. Mrs. Shanley has also taught Pediatric Nursing Care didactic and clinical setting, Medical/Surgical lab and clinicals, Community Health clinical and Obstetrics clinical.
Mrs. Shanley also practices as a family nurse practitioner at a local urgent care clinic.
- The George Washington University, Family Nurse Practitioner Graduate Certificate (2013)
- George Mason University, Master of Science in Nursing (2009)
- George Mason University, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (2003)
- (Book Reviewer) Hogan-Quigley, B. Palm, M. L. & Bickley, L. (2016) Bates' Nursing Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking. 2e. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.
- Posey, L., Dawn, K., Lang, C., Wavelet, J., Wiersma, G., Shanley, W. & Wright, S. Blended Strategies to Promote Active Learning in Undergraduate Nursing Education: A Case Study, 2014 Sep.
- Posey, L., Kerem, D., Lang, C., Wavelet, J., Wiersma, G., Shanley, W. & Wright, S. Flipped Classroom Strategies to Promote Active Learning Among Undergraduate Nursing Students, 2014 Jun.
- Posey, L., Kerem, D., Lang, C., Wavelet, J., Wiersma, G., Shanley, W. & Wright, S. Student Perceptions of Flipped Classroom Strategies in a Hybrid Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program. 2014 May.
- Top 100 Nursing Faculty — bsntomsn.org (2012)