Complete applications that are submitted by the priority deadline will be reviewed first. Applications do not have to be verified by the priority deadline, only completed and submitted. Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions at [email protected].
A completed application includes the following components:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited college or university
- Preferred scholastic GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from a regionally accredited college or university
- Official transcripts (from all post-secondary schools)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current resume
- Personal statement
- Active and unencumbered nursing licensure
- GW Nursing is subject to state authorization requirements in order to offer an approved nursing curriculum. View available states.
- Currently, GW Nursing is only authorized to operate Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner options in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
For a full listing of courses and descriptions, please visit the University Bulletin.
Program of Study
You must record a minimum of 600 hours of clinical experience with an approved preceptor. You are encouraged to find your own preceptor.
- Current CPR certificate
- Immunization records including vaccination or immunity to hepatitis B, MMR, varicella, diphtheria, polio and tetanus
- Documentation of negative test results for tuberculosis (PPD and/or chest x-ray)
Questions about clinical placement requirements should be directed to [email protected].
You must complete an on-campus component, for which you will be responsible for all travel-related expenses.
Campus Learning and Skills Intensive (CLASI)
You will come to campus the during semester you are enrolled in NURS 6222: Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning to participate in CLASI, which prepares you to perform a complete history and physical examination.
Graduate tuition is charged per credit hour, unless otherwise noted, and is listed under “School of Nursing” by the university’s Student Accounts Office. Rates vary by program and are subject to change without prior notice. Changes to a student’s program or course load may result in additional tuition charges and fees.
Learn more about financial aid opportunities at GW Nursing.